Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Book Talk: Week of 2/2/15

45 pounds (more or less) by K.A Barson
  
  *written transcript*

The book I chose to talk about is 45 pounds (more or less) by K.A Barson. It's a realistic fiction and, and I think it has a lot of great lessons in it. This book is about a girl named Ann, who has a lot of struggles going on through her life. At the age of 16, she's already a size 17, while her "perfect" mother is a size 6. Her whole life, she's been dealing with issues involving her body, and has also been made fun of for being "fat". In which in Ann's perspective, her life is a mess that only has broken pieces. 

There are many people who go through tough situations like Ann. A lot of individuals have weight, family, and friend issues that a lot of people don't really understand. The main character feels like she's alone in the world, and I feel like many others feel the same as well. At her age she basically encounters the same problems a normal teen would, which can be really challenging. Although, some individuals probably don't connect to Ann at all, I believe that a good majority do. 

I really liked this story because I connected to it so well. The characters made me laugh, cry, and just excited. In a way, I felt like I actually knew them because of how much I liked the book. Overall, it's a great story and I think anyone would enjoy reading it. 


I was experiencing problems with imovie so sorry if it's late.

1 comment:

  1. I really liked your blog, I feel like I would enjoy the blog. One concern is that you said some words that were not included on your written transcript but besides that i really enjoyed your blog and your whole entire blogger I feel like it is awesome.

    ReplyDelete