Thursday, April 30, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie: Week of 4/27/15

Based on the 6 Tuesdays you have read about in Tuesdays with Morrie, choose which topic (The World, Feeling Sorry For Yourself, Regrets, Death, Family, or Emotions) that has had the most impact on you or inspired you. On your blog discuss the importance of this topic with your own opinions, including textual evidence (direct quotes) from the book.

Pages Read: 115-192

In my opinion, the fifth Tuesday where they talked about family impacted me the most. Although, all the other topics were inspiring, I just felt like family was more dear to me. Family to me is what keeps us all together. People are always going to lose friends and such, but in the end we all know that our family will still be there. I've always argued and have held grudges against other people, but when it comes to my family, it seems kind of impossible to do that without forgiving them. Even though they might make the biggest mistakes and may annoy you, you can't help but love them still. 

A quote I find inspiring from that certain Tuesday is when Morrie states, "This is part of what a family is about, not just love but letting others know there's someone who is watching out for them." In my opinion, I found that to be very true. No one is going to watch for you like your family does. No matter what, they are always going to be there for you, whether you like it or not. This quote can also be clearly shown with Mitch and his brother. When cancer struck his little brother, everything changed. His brother did not want him around, nor anyone in the family. Mitch had tried so hard to keep contact with him by calling, and leaving messages but yet there was never an answer. He cared about him, and although his brother hasn't talked to him, Mitch was watching out for him. Which leads to the quote, "This is part of what a family is about, not just love but letting others know there's someone who is watching out for them."

I think this is an important topic because I think family has a deep meaning to everyone. Although our family may differ from others in many ways, I think that we all share something similar. We all seem to care about each other deeply. I think we also kind of share the same relationship with a parent. For example, like Morrie and his mother. He had a great relationship with her, and it seemed like she'd do anything for him. Morrie also admired her greatly. Then even though she had passed away, the feeling never changed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment