Thursday, April 23, 2015

Tuesdays with Morrie: Week of 4/20/15

What are your initial reactions to what you have read in Tuesdays with Morrie thus far? One of the main themes developing in Tuesdays with Morrie is not to take your life for granted. Based on this premise, what is on your Bucketlist? You can write a paragraph leading up to a bulleted list of what you would like to do/accomplish in your life.

When I first got the book Tuesdays with Morrie I honestly thought that it was going to be quite boring. I thought this way because I was never used to reading stories like this. I've always been used to reading fiction, or fantasy. Therefore, when I continued to read Tuesdays with Morrie I was surprised that I was actually enjoying it. It seemed as though I couldn't put the book down. Every word I read seemed inspiring and surprisingly true. It was as if when Mitch was learning something from Morrie I was too. Then when Mitch was describing his experiences and his life it couldn't have been more realistic. Mitch had changed a lot from before, and that happens a lot to people. Not many individuals chase their dreams anymore. They go for things that will help them get money. After reading about Mitch's life, and Morrie's perspective, it got me thinking a lot about my own life. 

Thinking about my own life, there are many things that I would like to do before I pass. I want to fulfill my life and be able to look back at it and just smile and laugh. Therefore, I've created a bucket list of things that I would like to do or accomplish before my last breath. 

(in no particular order)

-go to la carnival in Brazil
-go to Italy and dance around listening to Frank Sinatra
-go to California in my convertible listening to "California Love" by Tupac with sunglasses on (I've always dreamt about this happening, and it makes me laugh)
-visit a castle
-go to a floating lantern festival
-visit Egypt and the pyramids
-visit Greece

-go on a camping trip with my friends
-be in the front row of a concert
-be the only one in the movie theater
-go on a segway
-send a message in a bottle
-make Niall Horan laugh
-feature in the "Ew" skit with Jimmy Fallon (this would be amazing)
-have a lip sync battle with Jennifer Lawrence
-learn how to dance salsa
-go to comic con
-host a game night
-go to a Drive- In- Movie
-be in the musical "Grease"
-go on an online shopping spree
-write a letter and send it 

-go to college
-major in the fine arts
-pass my driver's test
-share a dorm with one of my friends
-get a degree


No comments:

Post a Comment