Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Holocaust Aow Impressions

Take a moment to reflect upon your impressions of what you have learned from the array of articles in at least two well written paragraphs, using evidence from your graphic organizer.

This week everyone had articles related to the Holocaust, and it really helped me learn more about the subject. Although, they were mostly all about survivors, their stories and experiences were still very interesting to hear. For example, in Isabella's article, she talked about a Holocaust survivor who had hid from the Nazi's for 2 years. Apparently though, he hadn't told anyone he was a survivor for 60 years. Not even his family knew. I found this to be really surprising. However, I would kind of want to know why he wouldn't tell anyone for such a long time. 


Another article that I found interesting was about the actual number of concentration camps constructed by the Nazis. 42,500 against the predicted 7,000. When I heard this I was left in complete awe. Historians say that the Holocaust had an estimated 6,000,000 casualties, but once they found out the actual number of camps I wonder how much that number will go up by! Other topics I was interested in were Josef Mengele's experiments, how descendents of those who survived the Holocaust have altered stress hormones, and survivors meeting their liberators.

Overall, I really liked this week's gallery walk. I feel like I've learned more about the Holocaust, even though we already had done some research on it. However, this is a very broad topic and there are still things being discovered today. But this is still a good way to learn more about it. 


I commented on: AmeliaMarisaNadrian

No comments:

Post a Comment