Thursday, January 22, 2015

Schizo: Week of 1/19/15

Prompt: What made you choose the book you're currently reading?

Pages Read: 0-40

Schizophrenia- Schizophrenia is a mental disorder that makes it hard to: Tell the difference between what is real and not real; Think clearly; Have normal emotional responses; Act normally in social situations.

As you can see, the title is called, "Schizo"which is known as a short term for the mental disorder Schizophrenia. At first, I didn't know exactly what it meant, but after I did, I had an interest in it. The word alone caught my eye right away. It was a very unusual title, and I didn't really want to read a humor book this time. I usually go for the romantic comedies, but I wanted to read a different genre as part of my 40 books challenge. Lately I've been really fascinated by psychology, which is probably another reason why I chose this story.

This story is told through the point of view of the main character, Miles, who has Schizophrenia. His little brother Teddy, had went missing, and he believes that his brother is still alive. Even though the police believed he drowned at the beach the very same day Miles had his first Schizophrenia episode. But he refuses to believe that. Therefore, Miles sets off to rescue Teddy.

In the book, Miles has to deal with problems that he doesn't want to encounter but has no choice. As seen through Miles's distorted perception, his world closes around him as he pushes to keep it open. Although, I don't really know much about the story besides from what I already explained, it is very intriguing which contains psychology and crime, that is filled with suspense. So far, I've been filled with anticipation, and I can't seem to put this book away. Therefore, if you like stories like this I suggest you check this one out! :)


2 comments:

  1. This week I commented on:

    Damia M's

    Zoe R's

    Cami T's

    Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is Brooke form Ms. Millers class. I liked the way that you summerized the story, as much as you had read, without actually giving away any spoilers. This sounds like a very interesting book, and you have gotten me very interested in reading it.

    ReplyDelete